Sunday, May 23, 2010

In Memory of LOST

 With it being the the series finale of Lost tonight,  I thought it might be appropriate to put these last few photos from the last couple of days of my stay in Hawaii out here to share. I used to tell people that if Colorado had an ocean it would be heaven. Well touring the island I felt this place was perfect. Mountains and ocean. Heaven on Earth.

The Northshore
Waves were a bit light that day but I could imagine during the winter they must be awesome.

Audrey laughing at me as I try and take a picture of Buzz and Woody with Chinaman's Hat in the background. This is near Kualoa Ranch which is where a good portion of Lost as well as many films were filmed.

Close up
or Wide shot

Kualoa Ranch

Please no more pictures
Monkey Pod Trees.
Yes a grown woman is having her picture taken with "action figures" on a film location. I know I am such a geek.

Ahh was that the MIB or Jacob? ( those Losties will understand)
View of Chinaman's Hat from Kualoa Ranch. One of the oldest working ranches.
http://www.kualoa.com/ Check out their website.

This shot was taken on the Northshore.
This one too.

One our adventures we went to visit Audrey's home where she grew up in Kailua it's now been torn down by Ed Catmull, one of the head honchos at Pixar. It looked like it was an amazing home.  I thought it was appropriate for Buzz and Woody to check out the sight.
"So do you think we'll be invited out here to bond with Ed?"
The funny story is that while I was taking these photos Matthew Fox was walking down the street with his dog. I'm sure he didn't find it odd at all for a grown woman to take photos of "action figures" at a construction sight. No not at all. And no, I didn't ask him for a  photo with the boys.  Oh well maybe next time.
Kailua Beach
These were taken right before I headed to the airport.

Aloha Hawaii. Hope to return soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment