Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dominican Republic


 First let me say that we visited the Dominican Republic the day before the earthquake hit Haiti. If you have the chance or are able to afford to help those people please do so. They are some of the poorest of the poor living there.
The ship was rolling a bit and the skies were gray. I went for a walk, for a walk . . . sorry just singing to the Mamas and the Papas.  Yes a squall of some sort not major by any means but definitely a downpour of  rain has hit the island of Hispanola. The island that we were to tender to is too difficult to get to because of the rough sea, so we sit in port watching the fisherman fish and those brave folks willing to go exploring in the pouring rain.


Fortunately Peter and I were not planning on disembarking today but to just enjoy a day on board the ship. 9:30 a.m. I headed to the spa and had a wonderful pedicure. Someone else had a pedicure that day too. His first pedicure, he was nervous but he did go through with it. I didn't help him through his fears as I was telling him about the razors they use to make your heels so silky smooth. : )

After the pedicure we enjoyed our time in the spa's thermal pool and just reading on a private deck.


such a flattering picture I know. : {


 then it was off to tea.


Then we just enjoyed the evening .



and please don't think I forgot about Buzz and Woody
Here they are planning their escapades for Grand Turk.
Their favorite island getaway.


No comments:

Post a Comment